1 Full stack Rails Developer
About the business
Circle Software develops a SAAS application for bookshops. Circle started in New Zealand and has a strong growing community in Australia and is now aiming to start in other countries. We have developers around the world and are looking to build the team.
*CURRENT DEV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGY
- Google cloud environment and kubernetes
- Pivotal Tracker for project management
- Elastic Cloud for performance monitoring/APM
- GitHub for source control
- Circle CI, GIT Actions and Semaphore ci for automated tests and deploy
- Rspec for automated tests
- Rails on MySQL (Rails4 migrating to R6)
- Elastic Search
- Ubuntu web servers hosted in kubernetes
- C++ for the Point Of Sales Client
- Vue JS
- Generally Mac or Linux for the desktop environment
About the role
This is a remote position but we are in the process of building remote clusters so that you have someone close to you to work with. The programming is on a single application and there is a focus on good process and code quality. For this role we are looking for a competent/experienced rails developer that has experience with most of the systems we use and who understands and is committed to best practice.
Are you this person?
- A strong rails developer with good knowledge in Ruby Object oriented programming and know how to write best practice code.
- Someone that can solve problems/figure things out.
- Fluent in English, spoken and written
- Pride yourself in writing beautiful code
- Have experience with testing frameworks Rspec or Mini test
- Have a strong knowledge SQL and experience in SQL query optimization
- Have experience in a fronted framework, VUE js recommended
- Driven to automate, especially devops, have Experience in CI/CD
- Comfortable working with Linux servers
Nice to have
- Have experience working with large scale SAAS applications
- Experience about kubernetes and docker
- c++ experience
- Experience with rails 6
Benefits and perks
- Competitive salary
- Paid sick and holidays (if working full time)
- Flexible work hours
- Work remote
- Extensive team support
- Write a long form cover letter (no standard letters please) covering your career and how your experience matches up with the person we are looking for and the systems we use. Tell us about how you got into programming and any personal projects.
- Write best practice code in ruby to calculate the check digit of an ISBN13 barcode and put it into a GIT repo for us to look at.
The algorithm is:
1. Take each digit, from left to right and multiply them alternatively by 1 and 3
2. Sum those numbers
3. Take mod 10 of the summed figure
4. Subtract 10 and if the end number is 10, make it 0
Example for 978014300723:
1. (9×1) + (7×3) + (8×1) + (0×3) + (1×1) + (4×3) + (3×1) + (0×3) + (0×1) + (7×3) + (2×1) + (3×3)
3. 86 mod 10 = 6
4. 10 - 6 = 4
Therefore the complete ISBN is: 9780143007234
Send your cover letter and link to GIT repo to email@example.com