Every month we publish our upgrades, new features and improvements that have been going on behind the scenes at CirclePOS.
2024 Updates, Improvements and New Features
2024 will see the continuation of updates to the next version of our software framework. Regular housekeeping and tidy-ups are concentrating on Rails 6 and 6.1, Vue 3 Upgrade and Cypress Integration, Vue 3 & Ruby 3.0 and 3.2
At the start of the year some of our new features include: Loyalty Dollars and Promotions, General Ledger, Webhooks and Commands
Improvements continue in the website with: Click and Collect Modal, Footer, SEO and Category. Other improvements have focused on Follow-up Orders, Webhooks and Stripe. In particular the Strip refund process. Along with Feature Flags, Reports, CSV Export, Onboarding and Site Feature Names API.
2023 Updates, Improvements and New Features
2023 saw the continuation of updates to the next version of our software framework. Regular housekeeping and tidy-ups concentrated on APIs, speed and bug fixes. Gift Cards were a highlight of 2023.
Discounts applied to a whole category (perfect for promotions); Integration of book2look service; Purchasing added an inwards goods history; Web checkout supports selling Vii Digital Gift Cards.
A new customer in Switzerland prompted offering an alternative currency display in website cart.
Self Onboarding; Updating System core code; New vertical panels in Vue; Gift Cards; CSV Exports, Xero, Purchase Order pop-up, Separate customer ref field in invoices; Two-factor authentication.
2022 Updates, Improvements and New Features
Work in 2022 focused on Circle Gift Cards and Xero Integration. The team continued with the System R6 upgrade along with bug fixes and general housekeeping.
Promotions Module; Online discount code for promotions; Association Portal; Printable pick lists; Shareable customer wishlists; Bin fulfilment - added a link to supplier order
APIs can now handle product types other than books. Accounts payable consignment invoices synced to Xero; Customisation of delivery time messages; Credit Notes - alterations and or refunds can now be made in the new credit note system, and you can now generate cr notes from the POS to apply to unpaid invoices; “$” currency symbol removed to make the site work better in other currencies; Product Field - we've made it possible to add any selected special fields to the advanced search. Other improvements were made to deals, bin fulfilment, accounts payable and purchasing.
2021 Updates, Improvements and New Features
A substantial amount of time was spent on the R6 upgrade and Web POS this year, along with Circle Gift Cards and Xero integration. We also completed the server move to Sydney.
Speed and SEO improvements were also an important component of work in 2021.
WebPOS; Self-onboarding, Group/association portal; Bin fulfilment. New checkout system deployed. Customer order fulfilment and Starshipit Integration – starshipit.com is a shipping management system.
A number of improvements were made in 2021 including:
- Improved stock exports, returns and inwards goods.
- We continued work on the web POS which will offer a phone/tablet POS option;
- Improved how costs populate in inwards goods for new items, added options so that you have control over when web orders are invoiced, added links to stock logs
- Improved threshold report speed and added automatic cost calculation to the deals system
- Standardised how web orders are handled
- Added back office interfaces for the new gift card system;
- Improved the mover’s time stamp system and changed the deal expiry to happen in the shop’s time zone.
- Increased cart load speed, split out cash accounts in aged receivables and improved deals expiry time
- Improvements to the pacstream implementation and Titlepage integration
- A number of improvements were also made to catch and prevent transactions getting stuck in the POS along with customer order picking