Since the Last Update
June has been dominated by effots to increase speed and to deal with load that turned out to be due to a flood of stock update requests from the POS.
Despite this we were still able to roll out a customer merge feature, an ex gst invoice option and added author and pub date to movers.
- Customer merge
- Duplicated customer accounts can now be merged. Backoffice > Customers search up and tick the customers you want to merge and click ‘Merge’ Video
- Addes A filter to limit stock update requests hitting the database to once per minute per pos.
- Added an interface that allows us to see which stores stock update request floods are coming form and limit them.
- Allow single item lookups through the stock update rate limiter.
- Adjust rate limiter to stop requests queuing up on the web server.
- Customer search and setup
- Improved interface for setting up new customers with the same name when doing customer orders. #166106320
- Added author and pub date.
- Expanded the Database server
- Expanded available space on the database server hard drive.
- Rails 4
- Pushed Vii integration and other updates in the master branch the Rails4 server. (Now we need to fix incompatibilities.
- Stopped robots.txt hitting the database.
- Improved the Redis config, the system that does the background processing.
- Avoid blank ISBNs when downloading images using resque jobs
- Configure servers to use ELASTIC_SEARCH_URL to take load off the database server
- Customer orders
- ‘Ship’ has been returned to the drop option list.
- Migration tool
- Old payments will no longer be deleted when delete data is used.
- An ex gst invoice option has been added to accounts.
- Changed the invoice sort back to oldest on Top
- Add one more automated test case to invoices
- See www.twitter.com/circlesupport for all changes including bug fixes.
Should be completed in the coming month:
- Customer order picking in inwards goods to beta
- Further speed improvements
- Infrastructure Upgrades
Things we are working on that are likely to take longer:
- Returns optimization