Since the last update
We are back in action and with a new developer (Edwardo) on the team. A lot of stuff is being pushed out at the moment including an integration with Gardners Books.
- Reading level special field added (Video 1:34)
- Browser based system to alert you when a new orders come in. (Video 1:34)
- Secondary category display added to customer orders to support warehouse operations. (Video 1:04)
- Flexible sort orders by categories, (good if you run events) (Video 3:04)
- Gardners P&A Integration (Video 0:36)
- New Website/New Layout
- Category display becomes too wide in full screen
- Added the tool to print barcoded catalogues from categories and wish lists. See the bottom right of each page.
- Add the ability to sort by selected fields and have different sorts for different categories. (video)
- Carousel Improvements
- Option added to be able to view more than 12 titles in a category
- Added matrix product display to the new layout
- Made setting address more intuitive in the cart check out page.
- Reduce unnecessary sql queries to increase speed (now 2 – 3x faster).
- Added a tool to manually extract a Consignment Reports
- Migrate current analytics tags to Google Tag Manager
- In returns to process, you can now remove an item that you can not find, has been sold for example.
- The drop down for the category now also shows Sub-Category
- Changed the TitlePage name in the distributor modal from NA to TitlePage
- Added addition error handling to cope with times when TitlePage is down.
- Price Value for NZ Sites is now converted to NZD from AUD see the info mouse over for the calculation.
- Add index on manufacturer_id in agency_manufacturer to improve site product Elastic Search import speed
- Improved “New Site” default settings to make setups easier and faster.
- Bot stopper
- Configure Captcha keys in preparation for prod release.
- Moved agency setting to a modal with instructions and a change log to reduce agency setting mistakes
Bug Fixes housekeeping and sys admin
- See www.twitter.com/circlesupport for all changes including bug fixes.
Plans for the coming Month
- To continued the focus on bedding in
- New website
- Layout tidiness
- Website speed
- Smooth and intuitive process flows
- Data analytics
- Overall system speed and stability
Things we are working on that are likely to take longer
- Central reporting for groups
- Setup wizard
- Further SEO and website performance monitoring
New things we want to make a start on
- Rails 4 upgrade
- Ruby 2.2 upgrade
- New billing system
Beyond the next month
- Use of docker to dynamically scale the system based on demand.
- Bootstrap 3 upgrade in the back office (Currently in design phase)