Since the Last Update
Like last month the main focus has been on the r4 and infrastructure upgrades but there has also been a lot of bug fixing and improvements in the website, returns and community best sellers.
- New Returns Search
- We now arrange the Returns Search result based on how the ISBNs were scanned 170967792
- Moved the Loyalty settings to the head office or primary site as they are set a group level not site by site. This is to keep the loyalty deal consistent within a group. 168332930
- server infrastructure
- Implemented Docker Swarm docs.docker.com/engine/swarm/ and got the first site running on it and R4 pdl.circlesoft.net. We are now looking for a bookshop that would like to try the new setup.
- Setup cloudflare.com for front end security in the new R4 infrastructure.
- Switched from Docker Swarm to Kubernetes after some issues appeared with Docker Swarm.
- Add analytics to datadog. Datadog is a system for monitoring system performance, isolating slow queries and query sources PR 3796
- Clicking on the “Debit/Credit Card” Box will scroll down the page. This will resolve users who do not see where they need to enter their Account / Credit Card Info #170615463
- Change the Payment box from “VII Gift Card” to “[Bookshop Name] gift card” #170591758
- Add notation showing which server is being used. So that you can tell if you are on prod, beta, r4 etc. In the upper left of the back office.
- Backend Security
- Configure CORS on new r4 server #170987478
- Data migrations
- Add a text message on the Upload Progress Page #162600196
- Add notation of which server is being used. So that you can tell if you are on prod, beta, r4 etc. In the upper left.
- Create API for Best Selling Books #170610260
- Change the Payment box from “VII Gift Card” to a generic label like “[Bookshop Name] gift card” #170591758 This should possibly be changed to be simply ‘Gift Card’ or to use the group
- Community best sellers
- Created a community Best Selling Books Report Backoffice > Reports > Community Best Sellers. It replaces community movers that was getting slow, email support if you would like it turned on in your shop. #170610174
- Added ISBN/Code to the community best sellers report. This is mainly to enable us to correctly code non book products to get them out of the report. Backoffice > Reports > Community top 50 171246489
- New Returns Search
- See www.twitter.com/circlesupport for all changes including bug fixes.
Should be completed in the coming month:
- Rails 4 upgrade
Things we are working on that are likely to take longer:
- Improved inwards goods.