Since the last update
The priority this month has been on speed and stability which required optimisations to POS requests and expanded servers as an insurance policy. The much requested Backorder Report that can be sent to suppliers was also delivered. We have also been pushing ahead with the Rails4 upgrade and hope to have a beta out in January.
- Backorder Report
- A backorder report by Supplier showing Titles that are still ‘On Order’ including the Order Number, Date Ordered, QTY Ordered and a tick box which allows you to select which Titles you want to query with the Supplier. (Video: 1.23)
- Beta Test Request
- Use the website Checkout page to redeem vouchers online. We would like some of you to test it for us.
- CSV/ONIX Stock Updater
- Suppliers using the system for a website can self-update the price and availability in Load Stock using ONIX or CSV. (Video: 0.58)
- Setup Wizard
- A new tool for us that makes it easier and faster to setup new sites and input basic settings.
- It is now possible to drop Payable Invoices.
- Draft invoices now state ‘Quote Invoice’ and ‘Approval Invoice,’ and when it is Final it is ‘Tax Invoice.’
- New Layout
- Web Customers can leave a ‘Note.’
- POS Performance
- Improved POS gets stock requests and runs faster to create less load.
- Add product_updated_at column to elastic search (Site products index) to make get stock queries faster.
- Add site_id index to site_items to improve get_stock performance. This will reduce the time the POS takes to get stock and reduce load on the system in general making everything faster.
Bug Fixes, Housekeeping and System Administration
- See www.twitter.com/circlesupport for all changes including bug fixes.
Should be completed in the coming month:
- Rails 4 upgrade
- Automated consignment billing through the POS
Things we are working on that are likely to take longer:
- Ability to pay invoices with Cr notes
- Further SEO and website performance monitoring
New things we want to make a start on:
- New billing system
- Customer order picking revamp
Beyond the next month:
- New central site for groups using new Java Script (Vuejs) technology that will eventually turn into a new Backoffice for stores